If you read my other blog at http://familycook.wordpress.com/, you will understand my need to concentrate on the things that bring me joy….so here it goes: God, Family, Friends, Fun, Food and Humor.
Despite the recent loss of my father, I have a blessed life, filled with so many reasons to be happy:
- My relationship with my heavenly father is one of my greatest gifts and I delight in the truth I have learned from the Bible.
- My husband and I share a great relationship and love our expanding family.
- We have two sons, both happily married to beautiful women who we are delighted to have as daughter-in-laws.
- We now are proud, slap-happy, totally in love and enamored with our grandchildren.
- Our lives are filled with so many wonderful life-long friends, who enrich our lives with their love and support.
- And so many more reasons that you will be reading about.
I have reason to be happy and I am going to use this site as a touchstone to remind myself that even though the grief I feel is intense…so is the love and life I have. I can and will overcome my sadness and….like my father…
I will have a life that is well-lived.