These are a few of my favorite recipes….YES…I SHARE. I hate it when people don’t share their recipes. Spread the joy!
Please note that I did not create these, unless stated….and I will post where I found them or give credit to the people who shared them with me. I also will only post the recipes that I have tried and loved.
I really like these sites to find some good ideas:
Paula Deen http://www.pauladeen.com/
All Recipes http://allrecipes.com/
and many many more.
Please feel free to post your favorites also.
Easy Toffee Bars
- 24 unsalted saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate
- pecan halves finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Butter a 13×9 baking pan.
- Arrange saltines right side up in a single layer in pan.
- Melt butter and sugar over medium heat.
- Bring to a rolling boil, boil 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in condensed milk and vanilla.
- Pour over crackers, spread evenly with spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned
- Cool for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top. (sometimes, I also use butterscotch chips)
- Let stand about 5 minutes, then spread with a spatula.
- Spread finely chopped nuts over the tops.
- Cool completely, then cut into small squares.
- Store in refrigerator.
This recipe has been printed all over the web. Great…but remember to keep in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
I also make the caramel sauce by following steps 4-7. It makes a great sauce to serve over ice-cream or as a dip for fresh fruit. YUM
Okay….this one I got from Tammy Miller, years and years ago…Use your imagination for the toppings….
Cookie Pizza With Fresh Strawberries
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (blueberries, kiwi…etc.)
2 TBSP apricot or raspberry jam
1/2 cup melted chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350
Grease 12-inch pizza pan or spray with cooking spray.
In pan, break up cookie dough; press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
In bowl, mix vanilla, cream cheese and whipped topping together until smooth and fluffy.
Spread mixture over cooled crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese
Stir jelly until smooth; spoon or brush over fruit.
Drizzle melted chocolate over fruit
Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Cut into wedges or squares. Store in refrigerator.